CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 11, 2008

Pico de Gallo


This is so good that I made it twice in 3 days! I made it for a "Girls Night Out" get together and left some at home for my husband. We both loved it and I ended up making another batch for to go with Sunday dinner! You HAVE to make the guacamole with it - it's heaven on earth!

5 plum roma tomatoes (firm, not soft)
1 small or 1/2 large onion (I like yellow)
3 jalapeno peppers
1/2 lime
1 bunch of cilantro
kosher salt

I didn't have Roma tomatoes when I made it - but I did use some "on the vine" yummy tomatoes I had - they were bigger than Romas. This is a recipe you kind of have to play with.

Small dice the tomatoes and onion. Mix together. Dice the jalapenos very small - if you want a little more heat, leave in the seeds. I like to leave in the seeds of 1, and not the other 2. Add to tomato/onion mixture.

Rough chop the cilantro - don't worry too much about the long stems, but try to avoid adding so much of it. I just take the bunch and start chopping from the top and stop when I get to too many stems. Add to Pico mixture.

Squeeze juice of 1/2 a lime. Sprinkle with salt. I like to use a chip to see how my seasoning is, because then you don't oversalt it.

Enjoy!

1 comments:

lilivw said...

Just found this recipe - it is going to be a staple in our home now! Delicious - THANKS!